Saturday, March 18, 2006

Jehovah's Witness

Woke up early today and while surfing the net I hear my doorbell ringing. Who could it be so early on a Saturday morning? You guessed it... Jehovah's Witnesses! Here weee gooooo...

So I opened the door to receive two men in suits that want to hand me some Watch Tower literature. I invited them in but they said they were in a hurry. (Turns out they spoke to some of the people in my family before and I guess they already knew we were Christians) Anyway so I started asking them questions to see, from their point of view, what it is exactly that they believe. I asked, "So what must I do to be made right with God?" They told me that it required much in depth study of the Bible and trying to obey what it says. So then I asked them if they had "studied enough and done enough good to already be right with Him?" They said that they are trying. Well actually it was just one guy that was talking to me. So he said that he was trying. I asked him if he was a good person and he said that he wasnt perfect... that noone is (I agree). So then I took him through the Law and asked him if he would be innocent or guilty should God judge him by those Commandments. He told me that "God forgives." I was like, "Great! So tell me what I must do to be forgiven because I too have broken the Laws and Im worried about my eternal destiny!" He couldnt tell me! He said that he asked God for forgiveness and is now trying to do the right thing by speaking to people like Paul did. I explained to him how a "good" judge will not let a guilty murderer go free just because he asked for forgiveness and promised to stop killing. The trainee Jehovah's Witness agreed, his name is Juan. I also reminded them that nowhere in Scripture does God promise us even one more minute of life... So it came down to me asking him, with much love and concern, "Friend, so what are you bringing me? You guys are just like me, we have broken those Laws and the Bible says that the wrath of God abides upon us. If you were to die today you would be found guilty and suffer Gods punishment as would I. Please tell me what I must do to be saved! Dont just leave me here on my way to hell! When Paul went from town to town bringing the word of God did he just leave people on their way to hell and suggest they study?" (No! This is what he did---> Acts 20:20-21) They said they didnt know but would come back; so we scheduled a meeting for early next Saturday. Please pray for them!! Pray that the Holy Spirit will convict them of their sin and the judgment to come. Their names are Juan and I forgot the other one's name.

By the way, here is an interesting sermon on how to deal with Jehovah's Witnesses---> click here

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice!

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed that you stated that if a "killer asked for forgiveness should he be forgiven?" Well, wasn't Paul a killer because his former job was an executioner? Just something to think about. And God seem to forgive him for his sins and he did God's work for many years and was persecuted many times.

Thanks for your opinions.

Ryan.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... you have such hatred in your heart... You should try tolerance and compassion instead of judgemental self-righteousness.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home